The research projects ESTRAL and WEIMAR were based on a cooperation between the
- Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit gGmbH (GRS) and
- the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden - Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR IRE).
For the current joint research project SMILE a coorperation between GRS, HZDR IRE, and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT INE) was initiated and is ongoing.
Further cooperating research institutes include
- Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR)
- Goethe Center for Scientific Computing (G-CSC), Goethe University Frankfurt
- Advanced Photon Source (Argonne National Laboratory)